Resources for Those Affected by the Oklahoma Tornadoes
With a 52-twister outbreak hitting the Midwest and plains this week, many residents are in need of assistance. We have compiled some resources that may be helpful for Oklahoma residents.
American Red Cross
- The American Red Cross’s website offers several disaster recovery guides as well as information on finding open shelters, registering for safe and well listings.
- Contact information for local Oklahoma chapters is also available online at https://www.redcross.org/ok/oklahoma-city
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- FEMA offers a variety of survivor assistance and response resources including tools for applying for financial assistance and information on mitigating damage.
Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management
- The official emergency management site for the state of Oklahoma offers specific instructions to Oklahoma residents including weather safety checklists, weather safety alerts and official declarations from state regarding extreme weather events.
Tornado Project Online
- This site offers a wealth of resources for understanding, surviving and recovering from tornadoes.
As the recovery efforts begin, many home and business owners will be faced with the daunting and time-consuming task of filing insurance claims. It is your responsibility as the policyholder to make sure that the insurance company has all the information and evidence to support the extent of the damage to your home or business.
“We always hope that tornadoes will not affect our family members, friends and neighbors but unfortunately, these violent storms can be very unpredictable and destructive,” said Gross. “Our experts are here to guide you through your tornado insurance claim so please don’t feel that you need to take this on alone.”
For further reading, visit:
- “How to Prepare for Tornado-Related Insurance Claims”
- Adjusting Today “Hurricanes and Windstorm Coverage: Case Studies and Coverages”
- Disaster Recovery Today “Loss Measurement”
For assistance with your property insurance claims, call 800.445.1554 or contact us.